Deployed Forces Support
Naval Base Kitsap's Deployed Support is a division of Morale, Welfare & Recreation. The mission of our program is to assist Sailors, Marines and their families with fitness and recreational support while in port and at sea. To accomplish this mission, Deployed Support provides a wide range of services and equipment.
Must have been deployed at least two months to be eligible. Support services are available upon return to port.
Submarines: 2 - 4 Month Deployment
- MWR facility usage for free during the event.
- Snacks and refreshments for families while they are waiting on pier or at the Recreation Center.
- Face Painter/Balloon Artist (4 hours max).
Surface Ships: 5 - 11 Month Deployment
- Ports of call contact info.
- Email support for port visits.
- Half-way party assistance.
- Pre-arrival party for families to make posters and receive briefing on how the arrival day's events will play out.
- Face Painter, Balloon Artist, DJ and bounce toys available for kids (weather permitting).
- Baby Changing area.
- Ship rider available to provide area briefs for commands with crew greater than 500.
All afloat commands are eligible for these services - others based on availability.
- Fitness and recreation equipment repair and replacement.
- Recreation program management training and assistance.
- Recreation program pre-inspection assistance.
- Party and event planning support.
- Recreation information briefings.
- Visits or phone calls verifying command needs.
- Change of homeport assistance (maps, phone books, area guides and videos).
- Command, ombudsman and spouse group briefings available upon request.
- Fitness space design, purchase and installation support.
Deployed Forces Support MWR equipment is provided FREE of charge to commands for Official Command Functions. These functions include, but are not limited to, homecomings, halfway parties, command picnics, holiday parties, pre-arrival events and, in some cases, change of command events.
This equipment is for use ONLY on board military installations to include, but not limited to: Naval Base Kitsap Bangor and Bremerton sites and may not be used at private residences or nonmilitary facilities or properties. Equipment may not be used for fundraisers or private parties. It is the responsibility of the user to supply power for the inflatables. Command representative must be a First Class or above.
To support requests, reservations must be made a minimum of three days in advance. Complete and return form to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 360-476-9047. For more information call 360-476-8874.
Commands will need to arrange for transportation and working party to pick up the equipment from the MWR warehouse at NBK Bremerton and return it to the warehouse when event is complete.
Deployed Forces Support Warehouse
Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton
Longshaw Drive, Bldg 1001
Parking garage area under the building
MWR Afloat Recreation Funds Management Training
Afloat Recreation Funds Management training is mandatory (per OPNAVINST1710.9) for Recreation Fund Custodians and Recreation Services Officers. It is recommended that Recreation Committee members attend as well to help maintain an organized program. The course teaches command representatives the proper management and operation of an Afloat Recreation program. The course includes: Navy policy, property management, financial management and recreation programming. MWR's Deployed Forces Support Division facilitates Afloat Recreation Fund Management Training regularly.