Bangor Aquatics Center
OPEN to Active Duty and Active Duty family members only by reservation. *Active Duty specific hours apply
Walk-in swimmers are permitted on space and time available basis. Reservations are still encouraged and can be made up to five days in advance. Make reservations by contacting the Aquatics Center at 360-315-2131.
Welcome to Naval Base Kitsap Bangor Aquatics Center, located inside the Bangor Fitness Complex. This facility is fully equipped to meet aquatic fitness and recreation needs. Lap swimming is available anytime during operating hours. Check out our hours of operation, recreation swim times, water aerobics times and swim lesson information.
- No complimentary towel service.
- No use of drinking fountains or bottle-filling stations.
- No use of showers, hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms
- Lockers available
- Youth ages 12-15 years old are required to have a “Youth Fitness Card” and be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian, family members ages 16 years and older have unrestricted access.
- No guests are authorized at this time.
- Family Fitness rooms are not available for use
- Informal gatherings for pick-up games when using outdoor sports facilities are not authorized
Check out what the facility has to offer:
- 25 yard pool
- 10 lap swimming lanes (at least 2 lanes designated for lap swim during operational hours)
- 13 foot diving well with 1 and 3 meter springboard diving boards (only open for use when there are no scheduled programs)
- 20 person hot tub
- Equipment available: fins, kick boards, pull buoys and water aerobics equipment
- Basketball hoop and slide in the recreation area
- Water polo nets, balls and caps are available upon request
- Outdoor patio open during the summer months for relaxing and enjoying the sun. This area is equipped with picnic tables, sun umbrellas, lounge chairs, kid's tables and chairs, a sand table, water table and a chalk wall for kids to color on.
Our busiest time of day is in the evening when we have recreational swim, swim lessons, swim team, water aerobics and lap swim are available simultaneously. Lap lanes may be reduced to 2 lanes during water aerobics and recreational swim hours. The rec swim area will be reduced during swimming lessons and the diving boards are only open for use when there are no scheduled programs. For more information about specific program times and pool space availability, please call or stop by our facility.
Aquatic Center Rules
- Swimming Suits must be worn in the pool (no cut-offs, cotton t-shirts, or boxer briefs please)
- A shower is required before entering the pool
- No street shoes are allowed on the pool deck, this includes sandals that are worn outside
- The only flotation devices that may be worn are US Coast Guard approved life jackets. You may bring your own or use the ones at the pool.
- Life jackets are available for use at the facility and are highly encouraged for non-swimmers.
- Life jackets do not replace the need for an adult in the water for non-swimmers shorter than 4’6”.
- No Inflatable toys are allowed to be brought into the facility.
- All children under the age of 10 must have a responsible party over the age of 16 in the Aquatics Center with them at all times.
- An appropriate swim diaper is required for all children who are not fully potty trained, and recommended for all children age 3 and younger.
Navy Youth Swim Test
The Navy Youth Swim Test is required for all pool users under the age of 18. This program will help identify swimmers and non-swimmers within the facility creating a safer pool for everyone.
Non-Swimmers are any youth who cannot or chooses not to pass the Navy Youth Swim Test.
Non-swimmers must stay in designated swim areas.
Non-Swimmers who are shorter than 4’6” when measured at the pool, are not allowed in the water without a supervising party who is at least 16 years of age in the water within arm’s reach at all times.
Non-Swimmers who are taller than 4’6” will receive a red wristband at the pool. This allows them to use the shallow end of the pool without assistance. All non-swimmers under the age of 18 are required to have an adult in the aquatics facility at all times.
Swimmers are considered those youth who can demonstrate the following minimum standards:
- Swim one length of the pool unassisted and without rest. Swimmers must use a recognizable front stroke (front crawl stroke or breast stroke) for the entire distance.
- Jump into the deep end, fully submerge and return to the surface.
- Tread water for 60 seconds.
- Exit the pool on their own.
Once a youth has demonstrated they can perform the minimum standards they will be given a “Navy Youth Swim License” which is good for 1 year from the date of issue.
Any lifeguard on duty can require a child to retake the Navy Youth Swim Test if they are uncomfortable with child’s swimming skills.
The Swim license must be shown at the facility upon entering in order to receive a green wristband. This wristband allows access to all areas of the swimming pool currently open.
Children between the ages of 10 - 17 may use the facility without a parent ONLY if they have a Navy Youth Swim License.
All children under the age of 10 are required to have a supervising adult in the Aquatics facility at all times.
The Bangor Swimming Pool may be rented out after our regular operating hours for private pool parties.
Available party times are:
- Saturday: 3:30 pm
- Sunday: 1 pm or 3:30 pm
Party Rental Package
Private use of swimming pool with lifeguards on duty, includes:
- Wibit inflatable obstacle course
- Food and drink area on pool
Schedule after regular operating hours.
Must be booked at least two weeks in advance.
Food and drink may be brought in for after-hours parties – please let us know ahead of time so that we can set-up tables for you.
All non-swimmers must have an adult in the water with them and are encouraged to wear a life jacket.
For up to 25 swimmers, 2-hour rental
$75 each additional hour
$10 per hour, per 10 swimmers
A $50 deposit is required to secure all party dates.