Skip to Content

Applying for Housing

Housing Early Application ToolReceive Housing Information Faster!

Navy Housing has developed HEAT to assist service members and their families in applying for housing Navy-wide. HEAT allows you to apply for housing at one or more installations online before or after you receive PCS orders. Learn more →

You will still need to submit your application package for Public/Private Venture Housing (PPV) or Military Family Housing (MFH), whether you use HEAT or the traditional application process. Your application will not be effective on the actual waiting list before you detach. Utilizing your detach date as your start date on the waiting list is valid up to 30 days after your "Report No Later Than" date.

It is important to contact the Housing Service Center (HSC) once you arrive to assure that your application has been activated.

HEAT has moved to the website environment and its website link has changed to:
In addition, HEAT is one of the first applications to switch to the DoD ID, replacing the SSN. Service members can use their CAC with a DoD ID to sign up for HEAT. This might be especially useful for spouses who have long memorized their sponsor's SSN, but do not know their DoD ID yet. When the HEAT request is imported to an advanced application, it will contact DEERS and update the SSN field in the person record automatically. They do not need to separately provide that information if HEAT business rules are followed.

Housing Services Center 360-396-4399

Application forms may be obtained online, at your nearest HSC, or contact us to have one mailed/emailed to you.

A complete application package includes:

  • Application for PPV Housing Package
  • A copy of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) orders or Homeport Change Certificate that brings (brought) you to this area.
  • A copy of current Record of Emergency Data (Page 2) or DEERS enrollment form listing all family members who will be residing with your family.

There may be a waiting list advantage if you provide proof of detachment from your previous command. The local housing services office can advise you if the additional paperwork will impact your waiting list position for your circumstances.

If the military member will be unavailable at the time of lease signing for PPV Housing, a special Power of Attorney will be required from the spouse. A Power of Attorney form can be obtained from Navy Legal.

Please keep us informed of any and all changes, particularly if you have a change in your contact information (i.e. telephone numbers, email address, etc.).

Send your completed application package and inquiries to the HSC that services the installation where you will be stationed.


Work With Us

Join our team! Check out our current Fleet & Family Readiness job openings.


About Us

Learn more about Fleet & Family Readiness Programs and services.


Connect With Us

Question, comment or feedback on our website or programs? Connect here.



Bring your Brand to the Base and support local programs for sailors and their family members.



Moves can be stressful. We’ve gathered some important information for you to ease the transition.



Sign up for the latest news on your favorite programs, sent directly to your email.


Facility Directory

Quickly locate a facility’s locations, phone number, or hours of operation.


Register for Classes

Register online for classes, trips, activities, tee times and more using myFFR.


How Are We Doing?

Break the ICE and rate your experience at our facilities.

Back to top