Bremerton Aquatics Training Center
The Aquatics Center is currently operating at reduced capacity with a maximum of 2 swimmers per lane and 1 family per lane for recreational swim. Active Duty service members may reserve lap lanes - all other lap swimmers are on a walk-in, space available basis. Recreational swim requires a reservation. Reservations may be made up to 7 days in advance by calling 360-476-9416.
Welcome to Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton Aquatics Training Facility, located inside the Bremerton Fitness Complex. This facility is fully equipped to meet aquatic fitness needs. Lap swimming is available anytime during operating hours.
- No complimentary towel service.
- No use of drinking fountains.
- No use of hot tubs, saunas or steam rooms.
- Rinse-off showers are available in the family changing room.
- Lockers available
- No guests are authorized at this time.
- Youth between the ages of 10-17 who have passed the Navy Youth Swim Test are permitted to use the facility for lap swim purposes without an adult.
- Footwear is required at all times on the pool deck – bare feet are not allowed.
Check out what the facility has to offer:
- 25 meters
- 6 lane lap pool
- 8 person hot tub
- Water equipment available: fins, kick boards, pull buoys, and water aerobics equipment
Recreational swim, additional classes, pool parties, and events are available at the Bangor Aquatics Center, including swimming lessons, CPR & First Aid, Lifeguarding, and more.
Aquatic Center Rules
- Swimming Suits must be worn in the pool (no cut-offs, cotton t-shirts, or boxer briefs please)
- A shower is required before entering the pool
- No street shoes are allowed on the pool deck, this includes sandals that are worn outside
- Life jackets are available for use at the facility and are highly encouraged for non-swimmers.
- Lifejackets do not replace the need for an adult in the water for non-swimmers shorter than 4’6”.
- The only flotation devices that may be worn are US Coast Guard approved life jackets. You may bring your own or use the ones at the pool.
- All children under the age of 10 must have a responsible party over the age of 16 in the Aquatics center with them at all times.
- No Inflatable toys are allowed to be brought into the facility
- An appropriate swim diaper is required for all children who are not fully potty trained, and recommended for all children age 3 and younger.
Navy Youth Swim Test
The Navy Youth swim test is required for all pool users under the age of 18. This program identifies swimmers and non-swimmers within the facility creating a safer pool for everyone.
Non-swimmers are any youth who cannot or chooses not to pass the Navy Youth Swim Test.
Non-swimmers under the age of 18 are not permitted to use the Bremerton Aquatic Training Facility.
Swimmers are considered those youth under the age of 18 who can demonstrate the following minimum requirements:
- Swim one length of the pool (25 meters) unassisted and without rest. Swimmers must use a recognizable front stroke (front crawl stroke of breast stroke) for the entire distance.
- Jump into the deep end, fully submerge and resurface without assistance.
- Tread water for 60 seconds, keeping their ears out of the water.
- Exit the pool on their own.
Once a youth has demonstrated they can perform the minimum standards they will be issued a Navy Youth Swim Licenses which is valid for the remainder of the current calendar year.
Any lifeguard on duty can require youth to retake the Navy Youth Swim Test if they are uncomfortable with a child's swimming abilities.
The swim license must be shown upon entering the Aquatics training facility in order to gain access to the pool.
Children between the ages of 10-17 may use the facility without a parent ONLY if they have a Navy Youth Swim License.