Pregnancy Loss Awareness Network (PLAN)
1 Oct 2022
Do not silence your pregnancy loss, there is a PLAN.
. GET HELP TODAY!!
Contact Fleet and Family Support Center
When couples or partners learn they are pregnant there can be hesitation to announce the pregnancy to friend, family or their command because of the possibility of miscarriage. Although miscarriage is a known complication of pregnancy it is often not discussed through PLAN we can shatter the silence surrounding pregnancy loss.
Women and men are both impacted by the loss of a pregnancy. Some evidence suggests that individuals can experience the effects of pregnancy loss immediately and/or later in life. After a loss diagnosis can include depression, anxiety, PTSD, or suicidal ideation.
1 in 4 of all pregnancies end in pregnancy loss including unknown pregnancies. Additionally, research shows that 1 in 10 of all known pregnancies ends in a perinatal loss resulting in 3 million pregnancy losses a year in the US.
FFSC has developed the Pregnancy Loss Awareness Network (PLAN) to help service and family members cope with the loss of pregnancy. PLAN’s definition of pregnancy loss: A death via involuntary or voluntary loss of pregnancy by a miscarriage (less than 20 weeks), stillborn (more than 20 weeks), or neonatal loss (newborn through 28 days of life).
Pregnancy loss is unfortunately a common experience, but that does not make it any easier, but PLAN can help. PLAN is a group of informed support services that are accessible and include:
- Fleet & Family Support Center for custom support services.
- Command and leadership for military policies or leave support.
- Deployment Resiliency Counselor (DRC) for grief and loss counseling.
- Naval Hospital Bremerton or PCP for immediate or ongoing physical needs.
- Chaplain for religious support for your spiritual beliefs.
- MWR Fitness Center for physical support with health, nutrition, and other self-care needs.
Fleet & Family Support Center (FFSC) is the hub to get you connected with support needs and more. Our goal is to provide you with individualized support based on each family's needs. With FFSC you will receive a care consultation to link you to resources within the support network. Available services for PLAN families:
- Greif and Loss Counseling
- Customized Courses (link to courses)
- Personal Fitness Training Support
- Extended Care Services
- Support Check-ins
- Advocate Support
- Community Resource Connections
- Educational tools
- Additional resources and support available for children
Make your PLAN today with the support of FFSC
Schedule a care consultation, face-to-face, by telephone or virtually.
If you need immediate mental health assistance dial 988 to talk to someone now.
Together we can shatter the silence on pregnancy loss.