- Announcement Number:
- Food and Beverage
- Position Status:
- $14.42 - Hourly
- Areas of Consideration:
- ALL SOURCES
- Relocation Expenses:
- Application Email:
- Opening Date:
- Open Continuously
Location: Naval Base Kitsap Bremerton - Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & IMF
Pay Grade: NA-7404-05
Introduction: The Cook is responsible for producing high quality food within specific timing standards, in an extremely fast paced environment. This position is located in one of two kitchens within PSNS & IMF and NBK/Bremerton.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan and coordinate items to be prepared for serving at a certain time.
- Follow oral and written instructions, worksheets, recipes, menus, and work time schedules.
- Maintain strict food safety and sanitation standards.
- Operate food related equipment such as fryers and grills.
- Deliver cater; assist in Burger Bars serving, cooking.
- Do requisitions, stocking, and inventory.
- Clean various grill equipment by disassembling and re-assembling.
- Wash, rinse and sanitize pots, pans and kitchen utensils.
- Other cooking and food preparation duties and responsibilities as required.
Qualifications: Skilled high volume cook with one (1) year minimum experience. Current Washington State Food Handlers card and valid driver’s license and clean driving record are required. Positive, teamwork oriented attitude. Must be reliable and able to communicate in English.
Conditions of Employment: Successful completion of National Agency (NACI) background check is required.
Working Conditions: Long periods of time on your feet. Frequent lifting, bending, twisting, squatting and reaching. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds as needed.
Other Information: Participation in the Direct Deposit/Electronic Fund Transfer within 30 days of employment is required. We utilize E-Verify to confirm selectee’s eligibility to work in the United States. The Department of the Navy (DON) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, mental or physical disability, genetic information, reprisal, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or any other non-merit factor.
How to Apply: Interested applicants may apply online at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/529926800 or www.navylifepnw.com.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER